Answers to Common Online Backup Questions
Please fill out the for to the right to receive a free onsite evaluation where we can determine you data storage needs and which of our offsite data backup plans fit your needs .
Q: Do we really need to backup our data?
Well, think about this: If you lost a key file, would you be able to create it again from scratch? How long would that take? What would happen to your business in the meantime?
Every day, businesses lose vital information to hard drive failure, viruses, and accidental deletions. Not to mention the possibilities of theft, natural disasters, or just losing a laptop at the airport or in a cab. Automatic, online, offsite backup means you can always get your files back quickly, regardless of what happens to the machine they’re stored on.
Q: What are the advantages of online backup?
Backup has come a long way from the days when you had to do it all yourself. There are six big reasons why online backup is better.
- Expert Backup Now backups happen automatically. If / when you need to recover data (and you never know when that will be), you’ll have everything you selected to backup from the last time you were online.
- You don’t have to store anything offsite, or worry about losing your backup files to the same disaster that destroys the originals. Expert Backup Now Online Backup provides disaster recovery.
- Backing up to removable devices – tapes, hard drives, CDs, DVDs – runs the risk of the backups failing. Not an issue with Expert Backup Now Online Backup.
- Expert Backup Now Online Backup scales up to fit your needs. You need more space? Easy.
- Recovery is a lot easier with Expert Backup Now Online Backup.
- No hardware investment. Expert Backup Now Online Backup requires just a computer and an Internet connection.
Q: Is there a difference between online backup and remote backup?
No, these two terms are used interchangeably. Of course, there is a difference between online backup services. We recommend Expert Backup Now Online Backup. See below.
Q: Why should I use Expert Backup Now Online Backup?
While we could fill up the whole site with reasons, there are fundamentally three reasons why you should choose our solution.
- Expert Backup Now makes the benefits and features of backup systems used by Fortune 500 companies accessible to organizations of any size. Our intuitive file recovery means you can get back a lost file immediately after you realize it’s gone. Expert Backup Now Online Backup is secure, reliable, automatic, offsite, online backup just like the titans of industry use.
- We are all about customer service. You phone us, we pick up the phone. This helps us to both answer your questions, and to better understand your needs so we can make Expert Backup Now Online Backup even better, which is why we’re here in the first place.
We’re the one designed for and dedicated to business users. So if you have a specific concern or problem or need, we hear where you’re coming from. Because that’s our neighborhood too.
Q: Can my data get a virus while it is backed up and stored on Expert Backup Now servers?
No. Viruses cannot spread to files that are backed up and stored on the Expert Backup Now servers. If one of your files gets a virus at your workplace and that file is then backed up, the virus will be contained to that one file and will not spread.
Q: Will Expert Backup Now Online Backup work on a Mac or Linux based computer?
Unfortunately, not yet. Expert Backup Now Online Backup is currently not designed to work on a Mac or Linux based computer. We are currently planning to add Mac and Linux support at some time in the future.
You can, however, backup files that are contained on a Mac or a computer running Linux if the hard drives or folders on those computers are mapped to a Windows-based server or PC.
Q: Will Expert Backup Now Online Backup work if I have a firewall?
Yes. If you have a physical firewall (a hardware device), you shouldn’t have to make any changes to your firewall configurations for Expert Backup Now Online Backup to work properly. If you have personal firewall software, such as Norton Internet Security, Norton Personal Firewall, Blackice, ZoneAlarm, NetNanny, or the like, you need to make sure your firewall software allows the Expert Backup Now Online Backup software to pass through usually by clicking the ‘Allow’ button on the notification that may pop up.