What the problem is: Need to access outlook files from a mail server to client PCs.
What is causing said problem:
How to Setup Outlook Anywhere:
Open the Server and transfer the certificate files from their server (mail.xxxxx.xx:3390) to the computer you are configuring.
- To install the certificates, do the following
- Double click the first cert, click Install Certificate, click Next
- Select Place all certificates in the following store, click Browse
- Select Trusted Root Certificate Authorities, click Finish. Yes, to install it. Click OK
- For the second one, double click and do the same thing. When prompted type in their admin password
- Check “Mark this key as exportable….”, follow the previous cert as an example.
On the client computer, do the following
- Open the Outlook Client, if the Exchange client is installed edit it.
- Setup the exchange client as you normally would, but click on Advanced/More Settings when done
- Click the Connection Tab
- Check the box “Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP
- Click “Exchange Proxy Settings”
- Fill out the info below
When you go to open Outlook you will be required to put in a user name and password, the user name should be input as email@example.com and the password will be their normal windows password.