In SBS2011 the most common problem/complaints are:
– Home Pages being changed to http://companyweb
– Folder redirection not happening correctly
To see which Group Policies are defined:
– On the server, administrator tools –> group policy management. The policies will be listed beneath domain. If you right click on one, Enforced will either be checked or unchecked. Unchecked means that is it defined, but not enforced. You would globally edit the policy here.
To update the Group Policy on a specific machine
– Start –> Run, ‘gpupdate /force’, log off if prompted.
– On the server you would do this to make sure the changes you have made recently in the Group Policy manager are available to the clients
– On the clients, it forces the client to pull down the latest policies. It can take up to 3 times running the command
To see which policies are currently applied to a client/server machine
– Start –> Run, ‘rsop.msc’