Network Slowdown After Symantec Endpoint Install or Upgrade
After installing Symantec Endpoint Protection, in the middle of the work day server communication grinds to a halt, and coincides with events in the Event Viewer that say AV definitions have been updated
1. Open Endpoint Protection Manager Console
2. Admin –> Servers –> Local Site (My Site) –> Edit Site Properties
3. LiveUpdate Tab –> Change Freq to daily & set time to after hours
4. Close out to the main screen
5. Clients –> My Company –> Policies –> Communications Settings –> Set mode under Download to Pull Mode
6. Close out to the main screen
7. This affects the clients only
a. Policies –> LiveUpdate –> LiveUpdate Settings policy –> Edit the Policy
b. Schedule –> Change Freq to Daily and set the time to after hours, also change the Randomize start time to 1hr
c. Server Settings –> Check Use the default, Check Use a LiveUpdate Server, Select Use the default Sy…server
8. Close out to the main screen and logoff
9. Open Information Foundation Mail Security
10. Admin –> LiveUpdate/Rapid Release Schedule –> Schedule –> Select Run at a Specific Time and choose after hours
11. Close out
Let us come out to your office and preform a comprehensive network evaluation and help you fix network slowdowns.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!