Symptoms: Win7 machines appears to take a very long time to log into their desktop.
Search Terms: Win7 x64, windows 7 64 bit, slow log on, slow logon, slow domain, long welcome screen
Solution 1: Registry Hack
- Run gpedit.msc.
- Go to computer configuration.
- Go to Administrative templates.
- Go to System.
- Go to User profiles.
- Enable “Set maximum wait time for the network if a user has a roaming user profile or remote home directory” and set to 0 seconds
- Source: blog.bigsmoke.us/2010/03/17/fixing-extremely-slow-domain-logon-windows-7
Looking for Technical Support?
We provide computer repair and PC support to people all southeast Michigan including Shelby Twp., Macomb Township, Rochester and beyond. We also offer business it support onsite for businesses of all sizes all over southeast Michigan. To see how we can solve your it support needs contact us today!
- Change the background from a solid color to an image.
- If a solid color is necessary, create a 1×1 pixel of the color and save it as a bmp and use that image
- Source: http://blog.tune-up.com/tips-and-tricks/correcting-the-slow-log-on-to-your-windows-7-system/